California Vacation Rentals
About Orange County
Orange County, California is a palm tree-filled metropolis located in the heart of Southern California between the major cities of Los Angeles and San Diego. Within easy access of four major airports, Orange County boasts 42 miles of breathtaking coastline, 34 unique cities, mountains to the east and ideal year-round Mediterranean weather. It’s no wonder so many vacation in Southern California no matter the season.
Vacation in California
Visit California and there is no mistaking it for a warm winter vacation destination, especially when you vacation in Orange County. Nature’s certainly been kind to the OC – you may want to start planning your winter beach vacation now! With tropical mild winter weather sans humidity or insects and an average temperature of 70 degrees along sandy white shorelines that meet the world’s greatest ocean. Orange County is an active and friendly community, offering specialty boutiques, prestigious department stores, and a vast array of fine and al fresco dining, acres of open space to explore and some of the nation’s best golf courses throughout the area. This is the place to have your winter golf vacations. Here you’ll find world-class shopping, and dining with ocean views, plus entertainment options right at your fingertips. Another bonus, the county is one of the safest in the nation and home to Irvine, CA which was named as the FBI’s “Safest City in America” for six consecutive years.
Benefits of Irvine Company Furnished Apartments Short Term Rentals in California
Travelers looking for a short term rental in California should seek the knowledge of a housing specialist at Irvine Company Furnished Apartments. They offer short-term furnished apartments with a variety of accommodations. Irvine Company Furnished Apartments can assist in finding a fully-furnished apartment with all the comforts of home for your warm winter vacation spot within established communities throughout Orange County. Bring the family vacation to this sunny destination with plenty of sights to see, things to do and places to go...with all the feelings of home. Monthly rates for Irvine Company Furnished Apartments are often lower than a comparable condo, timeshare or hotel, plus maintenance is included in the price, as well as phone service, Internet and all utilities. There is also the option to add a maid service. Here you have the option to pay month-to-month or commit to a longer lease. Irvine Company Furnished Apartments also offers a variety of floorplans from studio to 3 bedrooms, including townhomes, and a long list of amenities. Here’s a look at just some of the benefits of renting an Irvine Company Furnished Apartment:
- All utilities are included in the price along with cable (HBO & Cinemax) and long distance calling in the continental US.
- No taxes to worry about.
- Garage or carport parking is included.
- All the comforts of home are built-in, a full kitchen outfitted with housewares and a washer and dryer.
- On Site Maintenance – If a light bulb goes out or a faucet is leaking, Irvine Company Furnished Apartments takes care of it.
- Average daily rate of $110.00 versus a hotel starting rate of $150.00.
- Customizable add-ons such as weekly maid service, sofa sleeper and Asian cookware package.
- Resort style amenities including a fitness center, pools, spas, business centers* and clubhouses*.
*In select communities.
Points of Interest for Your Travel to California
There is a variety of places to visit and things to do, when you vacation in Southern California. Here’s a look at some of the top spots to explore.
Amusement Parks – Orange County is home to famous amusement parks including Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott’s Berry Farm and Wild Rivers.
World-Class Shopping – Fashion Island®, Orange County’s premier shopping destination has top designer shops and boutiques, a wide range of dining options and one of the most beautiful settings imaginable. Irvine Spectrum Center® is an open-air shopping center with an eclectic mix of department stores, boutiques, retailers, restaurants and entertainment including the “Giant Wheel”, carousel rides for kids and during the winter an outdoor ice skating rink.
Golf – Orange County is home to a variety of award-winning golf courses.
Performing Arts – Orange County Performing Artscenter is the area’s premier art venue showcasing everything from Broadway shows to classical music concerts. There is also the highly regarded South Coast Repertory which features plays and concerts.
Art Galleries –Just a few notable galleries include: Laguna Beach Art Gallery, Orange County Museum of Art and the Bowers Art Museum.
Professional Sports – The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim call Orange County home as well as the Anaheim Ducks.
Arenas – Located in Northern Orange County, The Honda Center hosts exciting events, concerts, sports match-ups and more. In the heart of Irvine you’ll find Verizon Amphitheatre for an eclectic mix of concerts and shows.
History – The Mission at San Juan Capistrano is a historic landmark and open for exploration and tours. Other historical landmarks include the Kellog House in Irvine and the historic district in Santa Ana.
The Beach – Orange County has 42 miles of coastline within six unique cities: Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point and San Clemente.
Open Space – With more than 50,000 acres of preserved open space throughout Orange County there is ample opportunity to explore the great outdoors. From walking paths and giant parks to more intense hiking and biking mountain trails, there is truly something for everyone.
Making a Clean Move
Before leaving the cold to head towards your warm-winter-weather destination, it’s important to close down your house properly. Here are some tips to give you peace of mind while you are away.
- Bring in all lawn furniture, ladders and stackable boxes.
- Unhook all outside hoses so they don’t freeze.
- Trim all plants and bushes so doors and windows are easily visible from the sidewalk.
- Install motion light detectors in the front and back of your house.
- Use a timer for lights, radios and TV’s. Time each to turn on randomly in different rooms throughout the entire day.
- Turn off your hot water heater, water to your washing machine, and water to your dishwasher. If any of the connections fail on these appliances, it could flood your entire house.
- Clean out the refrigerator, freezer and pantry of any perishable items.
- Store valuables out of sight. For example take jewelry to a safe-deposit box, lock computer in closets, hide keys to extra cars, etc.
- Turn the ringers off any telephones.
- Don’t leave a message on your answering machine that tells callers you are out-of-town.
- Arrange for someone to mow your lawn and shovel your walkways.
- Hold your mail or have a mail service send it to you at your snowbird destination.
- Hold newspaper delivery a few days before leaving to ensure that it stops.
- Stop your trash service.
- Some police departments have vacation check programs. Notify them, and generally they will do a routine check of the house. While some will only drive by and look for suspicious activity, some will get out of their vehicles and inspect the grounds looking for any break-ins. If contact information is left with the police, they can phone the homeowners if there has been a break-in or disturbance. Upon return, they will usually send a card, listing dates and patrol times.
- Companies to contact with a change of address request:
- Mortgage company
- Water company
- Electric company
- Trash company
- Phone company
- Car insurance company
- Social security office
- Credit card company
- Medical offices