Decadent Dessert Crepe with Fresh Fruits
When you’re hosting an event or just a small get together with guests at your apartment home, thinking of what to serve – and cooking it up – can often become a chore. Homemade crepes are a simple and easy dessert for those who don’t want to spend the day laboring in the kitchen, but still want to enjoy a tasty treat after their meal. The great thing about this recipe is how simple the preparation is and yet the end product will have your apartment guests clamoring for the recipe. The recipe below will make about six crepes if you’re using a small pan (7”) or about four crepes if you’re using a medium pan (10”).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time (Per Crepe): 3 Minutes
1. 2 Eggs
2. 2/3 cups of milk – For those with food allergies, you could also use almond milk.
3. 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
4. ½ Cup of Flour
5. 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
6. ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
7. Sliced Strawberries
8. Sliced Bananas
9. Hazelnut Spread
1. First, crack the eggs into a large bowl and slowly whisk the milk, melted butter, flour, sugar, and salt together until it has a smooth texture.
Hint: Sometimes when I’m short on a time, I drop all of the items above in to a blender or use a hand blender to make the three-minute mixing chore a 30 second one.
2. De-stem and wash the strawberries; Peel and slice the bananas.
3. Once all of the ingredients are mixed, you will want to heat your pan over medium heat. Be sure to lightly coat the pan with butter or a non-stick spray while it is heating.
4. You will then lightly pour the crepe batter until it is thinly coating your pan (about 2.5 tablespoons depending how large of a pan you choose to use) – try tilting the pan so that the bottom of the pan is evenly coated.
5. Cook the crepe over medium heat for one to two minutes, or until it is golden.
6. Take the pan off the heat and using a butter knife spread a layer of hazelnut spread on one side of the crepe and then place your strawberry and banana slices on half of the crepe.
7. Fold the crepe shell and serve with powdered sugar, whip cream, or even ice cream.
If you’re looking for a new apartment home in California, search through our Apartment Guide to find the perfect community with the amenities you desire. At your next get together, try our Dessert Crepe Recipe and wow your guests with your cooking prowess.
If you have another recipe you’d like to share with us or if you tried our recipe let us know by Tweeting us at @RentalLiving or leaving a comment below!